- In the week that the Spanish Armada ruled Anabel Medina Garrigus and Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez won tournaments in Plaermo and Bad Gastein respectively. But it was MJMS who took out the ridiculous trophy award.
- Serena Williams beat Martina Hinigis 5-3 in WTT. And The following night Martina Hingis Beat Serena Williams in WTT 5-3. Tennis Forum went comeback crazy when this story leaked. Hingis is playing Pro-Am not the actual tournament.
- Elena Dementieva got hitched on the weekend. I now await babies. Alla Kudryavtseva leaked photos and put her bet on Maria Kirilenko and Igor Andreev to be the next Russian sport couple to walk down the aisle despite Vera (not Zvonerava) catching to bouquet.
- The WTA welcomed Baku, Baku can already boast the third lowest main draw cut off rank (260, narrowly going down too Tashkent 2006 (262) and Bogota 2003 (263).
- Jarka and Gools played some sweet tennis on a huge mountain, sadly they couldn't put that into their singles matches and Bad Gastein. And they lost the doubles final together to.
- Aga reminded us not to
sexttext and drive. Good ad, good message, why Aga?
- After a long discussion it is know known Serena will be using her Protected Ranking to enter tournaments.
- A blast from the past was bought back to life, once again kudos to Tennis Forum.
- And finally YouTube user TopTenTennisNetwork bought us the magic of Petra Kvitova, in case you wanted more proof, this *is* 222 reasons why.
And that was my view and review of the tennis week that was. Now a little something on the side;
"Wife of the Year" Wendy Ding did something most wives wouldn't. And the incident was recreated in easy to understand subtitles.
EDIT: Almost forgot, Caroline Wozniacki is dating or holding hands or doing something with Rory McIlroy. Maybe its the closet she will get to a major tournament, who knows. All I knows is I don't care, and who could? WE HAVE MARIA KIRILENKO'S WEDDING TO GET EXCITED ABOUT ANYWAY.