Twits

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Caro struggles past semi final.


Top seed Caroline Wozniacki struggled into the final of her home Danish Open on Saturday with a 6-1, 2-6, 6-4 win over Russia's Anna Chakvetadze.

In Sunday's title match, she will take on Czech world number 51 Klara Zakopalova who shocked second-seeded Li Na of China 6-3, 1-6, 6-4.

"I'm really happy to be in the final here," said Wozniacki, "It was another tough match today but I feel like I'm in good shape, so I'm fine. I haven't played Klara for a while, and things have changed since then," the 20-year-old added, referring to the pair's sole meeting at the Japan Open nearly three years ago (which Wozniacki won in a third set tie-break).

"But she's having a great tournament, playing aggressively and going for her shots. I'm just going to enjoy myself out there and try my best."

Having been ranked as high as 27 in 2006, Zakopalova is no stranger to Tour finals - she'll be playing her tenth, and gunning for a third title.

No comments:

Post a Comment