Twits

Monday, January 17, 2011

Venus near perfect in first of match 2011.


Playing for the first time since the US Open, seven-time Grand Slam champion and former No.1 Venus Williams showed little sign of rust, smacking 33 winners to beat feisty Italian Sara Errani, 6-3 6-2.

Williams, the No.4 seed at one of the two Grand Slams she has never won (she is also missing the French Open), was at her aggressive best against Errani, balancing those 33 winners with just 18 errors, and winning 15 of 20 points at the net. Her serve was also on: eight aces to just one double fault. She fired one of her aces in the first point of the match and ended with one too.

"I was able to keep my errors low. I'm not sure what the stats were, but I played aggressively and won the important points most of the time," Williams said. "Sara's intensity was really high. Even when I had 40-0, she was trying to bring it back every time. I had never played her before. I have watched Serena play her before, so I knew what to expect. She has a really nice game."

For the second straight major, Williams is here without her sister, Serena Williams, who hasn't played since Wimbledon due to a foot injury. "It's a lot quieter. I realize how great it is to have someone on the tour that happens to be your sister, what a great support that is. I'm counting my blessings now."

What was Williams doing to keep busy during her time off? "I've been in school. I've been doing a lot of business development. I've become the business development for my company. I've held lots and lots and lots of meetings. It's a totally different side of life. I've never really done that before. But between that I've stayed really busy, and of course I was preparing to come back on tour."

The 23-year-old Errani fell to 0-18 lifetime against Top 10 players.

Next up for Williams is a first-time meeting with the Czech Republic's Sandra Zahlavova, who beat countrywoman Renata Voracova, 6-3 6-1.

22 comments:

Carlos said...

Lots of interesting matches today Captain.

Which outfits are your favorites and which do you consider awful? I really don't know much about fashion.

Which matches are you planning to attend?

Emily or as Carlos likes to call me "Captain" said...

My favorite outfit would probably Azarenka's. I do like Caro's but it doesn't suite someone of her stature and size, it would be better on some tall like Masha, Venus or I don't know me! Ahaha I like what Ivanovic wore. And what Dokic wore suited her. The worst I would have to say is Venus, that being said, I have not seen all outfits yet, Henin is bad, always so plain.

Tomorrow for the 2nd round matches I will attend Roddick, Venus, Night at RLA, Verdasco <3 I hope, Berdych and Vika! These are the matches I will hope to attend, and I will probably just have a wonder around Melbourne Park as well too see if there is an intresting match unfolding on the outside court

Carlos said...

How tall are you Captain?

Have fun, post some photos if can. :)

Anonymous said...

Venus Williams should get banned from the AO for wearing trashy dresses! Plus she has the audacity to lay claim to such garbage? I'm ashamed for her.

Emily or as Carlos likes to call me "Captain" said...

Im 6ft2"!

I defiantly will be, you can trust that!

She defiantly should be, Especially when she has to pull her dress down after every point! It's horrible! It should be a code violation, like her beads in her hair were back in the late 90's early 00's! Or like when the US Open banned Serena from playing in her boots. Its all the same, ban her trashy dresses!

Carlos said...

Jesus Christ Captain, if we were playing basketball you could easily dunk over me I'm 5ft5.

Wozniacki's dress was also very short the one she debuted on USO 10. She kept pulling down that dress after every point. It should have been a code violation; somewhere out there Benesova is throwing a fit.

Emily or as Carlos likes to call me "Captain" said...

Oh wow, that so short! Ahahah oh my god!

Its not a short has her US Open dress was, and her USO dress was so tight as well! I surprised she could breathe in that, It was like a corset! Defiantly a code violation especially with her fluro-yellow shorts under!

Carlos said...

:P... Well according to my doctor and relatives I'm more of 5'7 if that will make any difference.

Emily or as Carlos likes to call me "Captain" said...

It makes a little difference, but still short!

Carlos said...

Yeah I maybe short but I taken down giants :D pleased giants ;) and best of all I have a giant heart :) :P

Just remember the bigger they are the harder they fall. :P

BTW with your height have you ever consider modeling?

Emily or as Carlos likes to call me "Captain" said...

Well that's all that matters!

Well I don't know about that :P I haven't fallen just quite yet!

I actually did a little when I was like 15-18 but I don't really anymore, to busy with studies etc.

Carlos said...

Have you done anything (modeling wise) that I would be familiar to?

Emily or as Carlos likes to call me "Captain" said...

No, not at all! Just a few runway things in Australia, never anything too big, I was asked to go to New York for modeling, but turned it down, because I wanted to have a more secure job and future.

Carlos said...

You mean to tell me that you could have been the next Victoria Secret supermodel? :) But good for you Captain you will end up with a college (university) degree, more knowledgeable, and with job opportunities galore. Who knows you might get back to modeling in the future or do T.V. commercials for fun and not as way to make a living. You are very intelligent, I gather you are pretty, and sexy; you sure you are not a spy? :P

Emily or as Carlos likes to call me "Captain" said...

Yes that is exactly right! In the end, my decision will be better! Maybe I can get on TV with my journalism I choose to follow that oath. Exactly I am the full package! Oh damn Carlos you have blown my cover :P Shh

Carlos said...

Don't worry Captain your secret is safe with me, I won't tell a single soul. :P

I shouldn't ask this but curiosity killed the cat (it is more like suicide). Where can I find modeling photos of you?

Emily or as Carlos likes to call me "Captain" said...

I am glad I can trust you!

I'm not aware of anywhere they will be on the web, but I have them on my computer! I would be happy to email them too you if you want?

Carlos said...

I will be more than happy to receive your photos. :)

Emily or as Carlos likes to call me "Captain" said...

I will be more than happy to send them! :) Now just one small thing, your email adress!

Carlos said...

I went to your profile page it had in the contact link had an email address. I send an email to that email address with my information. I don't want to make my email public.

Emily or as Carlos likes to call me "Captain" said...

Yes, That's probably a better idea! Don't want to get any stalkers! Ahaha

Carlos said...

Captain I want to thank you for sending your photos. You are truly the total package! For some reason don't ask me why the lyrics to this song pop into my mind when I saw your photos, "A tall walking big black cat". Here is the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qKOv3VBJcc

Even though you are taller and cooler.


Well you scared me a bit when you were asking for my email publicly. My first thought was that all my evil ones will now be sending me computer viruses and their goons my way. I can't imagine if The Fist Pumping Imbecile started to stalk me, oooh the horror! :P

Post a Comment