Twits

Sunday, May 29, 2011

And the seeds came tumbling down...

Round three is now complete and in the round there have been five results that can be safly clasified as upsets;

Hantuchova def Wozniacki 6-1 6-3
Bartoli def Goerges 3-6 6-2 6-4
Dulko def Stosur 6-4 1-6 6-3 :D
Makarova def Kanepi 6-4 7-5
Radwanska def Wickmayer 6-4 6-4

Well I don't know if Radwanska winning is so much of an upset, but I thought Wicmayer would win...so yes, it's an upset.

But for the most part it was routine wins for my favourites...particullarly Li and Azarenka who eased into the round of 16;

Chinese sixth seed Li Na and Belarusian fourth seed Victoria Azarenka have both reached the French Open last 16 on Saturday.

Li, who made history this year when she became the first Chinese player to make a grand slam final at the Australian Open, posted a comfortable 6-2 6-2 win over Romania's Sorana Cirstea.

29-year-old Li has never made the last eight at Roland Garros.

Azarenka also won in straight sets, defeating Italian 30th seed Roberta Vinci 6-3 6-2 to set up a fourth round match-up against Estonia's Kaia Kanepi or Russia's Ekaterina Makarova.

She will next face either Czech ninth seed Petra Kvitova for a spot in the quarter-finals.

7 comments:

Carlos said...

What's up with Angry Bird's Barney outfit?

Correction, Li Na wil play against "My" Ostrich in the forth round. "My" Ostrich defeated King in the third round.

Emily or Carlos like to call me "Captain" said...

Do you not like it? I love it lol, especially her nails! omg! her nails...ahhh heaven!

Anonymous said...

Its always fun to kick back and watch the long time choker Zera gag for us another time! Not sure if she's going to win or lose but is down 2-3 in the third set and looking this/close to blowing a fuse!

Besides that, I could care less who wins out of this whole side of the draw.

Now, I am very interested in the following:

(The ones I want to win will be marked '*', eh?)

Na Li vs *Ostrich*
*Makarova* vs. Angry Bird
Divapova vs. *Aggie*
Petko vs. *Princess*

Nina Camara said...

And you didn't count in Ivanovic? You're evil! LOL. Oh, in the meantime Zvonareva was ousted as well.

Carlos said...

Captain, I sort like Angry Bird's outfit. I haven't paid attention to her nails though. Is she still wearing fake eye lashes?

Caps321, I agree on your picks except for Angry Bird. I see her going down in the fourth round against "My" Ostrich in "The Battle For The Eggs Second Edition" :P

Anonymous said...

I definitely think Ostrich has a better chance at beating Angry Bird and stealing her stash!

Meanwhile, the lovely Ms. Vesnina and Mrs. Mirza have beaten Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez/A. Medina Garrigues 6-1, 6-4.

And the team of Petko/Julia got worked over 6-3, 6-4 by Nadia Petrova/Anastasia Rodionova.

Carlos said...

It was a tough draw for the German doubles team. If they keep pairing up they could become one of the top double teams. The American team is tough to beat as well as the Petrova team and Petrova is a good doubles player.

Post a Comment